Sunday, July 22, 2012

Final Blog Post


These summer courses were certainly an interesting and intense experience. I started the courses knowing about few of the web 2.0 tools and did not expect to see that many of them out there. That was sometimes overwhelming.



Initially I struggled with the assignments however that became easier overtime. Reviewing a tool was relatively more challenging than the mini-research project. It was great to learn how to create and maintain a blog.



I discovered that while web-based applications are theoretically platform-independent, in practice not all of these tools support all browsers equally, and as a result certain functionality is more effective on some browsers than others.



While I found some of the web 2.0 tools very interesting such us Voicethread and Prezi, others were less exciting and less relevant to medical and higher education such as Museum Box.



All of these tools required Internet access which was a challenge while I was away on vacation. I still appreciated the flexibility of being able to study online and post the assignments from overseas.



My overall experience with the courses was excellent and I enjoyed the discussions a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment